Thursday, January 22, 2009

My Latest Addiction

I have been avoiding this for a couple of years now. But after several friend requests and a conversation last week with an old friend from hs in my gmail account, I finally gave in and signed up for Facebook.
My page is certainly still a work in progress but it's getting there. It took most of the day in between the kids' needs to get it looking decent. I found a bunch of friends and sent out my requests and as of last night I already had 17 people "accept" my invite. I feel so loved.
So far I am liking it. I found myself a little addicted yesterday, checking it a few times and I got to chat with a couple of friends for a few minutes here and there for a few minutes at a time. Well last night I was just about to sign off and call it a day when my friend Sam was back on. Sam is the friend from high school that I spoke to last week on gmail so he credits himself (of course) for getting me to sign up. We had such a good and in-depth conversation that we ended up talking for over 2 hours and he kept me past my bed time. Then promised to talk again today some time.
Mike says I am going to become just as addicted to it as I am to blogging now. I say "What's wrong with that?" As long as I don't neglect my children because of it then I see no harm in catching up with old pals and keeping up with current ones.

No comments: