Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Word Box





Caleb has been really starting to try to read on his own. We have been helping him out as much as we can and are really having fun with it. So I made him a homemade set of miniature flashcards. I started off with 72 words to work on. After I made them, I decided they needed their own "place" to keep them nice and not scattered around the house. So I wipped up a little box. It's just a little cardboard box from Michael's for 99 cents and I covered it with a piece of scrapbook paper and found these little wooden additions ar Michael's too for 25 cents each. So an easy and cheap idea.
I like the way it turned out and am excited to start these words with him tonight.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is cute! You are my hero, you are so dang creative all the time. We definitely need to get together for a girls day and scrapbook and craft.