Sunday, January 18, 2009

That 5 Year Old of Ours

Yesterday Caleb was a hoot (when he wasn't bugging his brothers and getting in trouble that is). I just wanted to share a few stories.

1. For those of you out of town, there's an area of Salt Lake called Sugarhouse. Well yesterday we decided to let Mike go use his gift certificate he got to the comic book store over there and told Caleb we were going to Sugarhouse to go to some stores. He kept talking all the way there about how he'd never seen a "Sugar House" before and he wondered what it looked like. Well right about the time we were turning into the parking lot of the shopping area he blurted out, "Do you think they have a sugar potty?" Clearly, he had to go :).

2. So Caleb's been into making up stories about things lately. He tells them to us as if they really happened. So also while driving around in the car he tells us this story that went something like this:
"Last night I heard this big crash downstairs and I woke up and went down there to see what it was and there was a stranger in our house! And I asked him if he was a stranger and he said yes, so I knew he was. And he was trying to steal our food!!!!!! "

So I replied something like "oh no! he better not steal our food"

So he says, "I know! That's why I kicked him in the face!"

I know, soooo not nice and I don't know where that came from but I was too busy laughing to tell him that. I think maybe he's watched a little too much Kung Fu Panda. Oh well, he's a little boy, what are you gonna do?

3. I have a cousin who is very young and pregnant and just got married. Well her and her husband aren't currently working so they don't have a thing for the baby being born in April. So since these boys are growing out of some things and I have 2 of some things I decided I would go ahead and give her some of my stuff. I am not getting rid of it all in case we decide to try one more time (no that's not an official "plan"), but decided the chance of having twins again, would be small so it wouldn't hurt to get rid of a few things I have multiples of. So I put together a bag of clothes and gave her a swing, a baby tub, and one of the bouncers for now. We were gathering it up yesterday because another family member was in town from Price and was going to swing by and pick it up. I tried to explain to Caleb that there was going to be another baby from Mom's cousin that could really use the stuff and so we were giving it to her and they were coming to pick it up. The swing we gave her was also the one Caleb had as a baby. So he said "but I am really going to miss it" . Aww that's sweet. Then he tried to turn it on. Well the batteries had gone dead in it a couple weeks ago and since we hadn't used that one much lately, I just didn't replace them. So I told him that it needed new batteries and I had taken them out because they were dead and he said, "well that new baby won't like that one bit! "

No comments: