Saturday, January 24, 2009

Mismatched


Why do we do this? Come on you know we all do. Here's our basket of mismatched socks. Every week we do the laundry and cross our fingers that some sort of match comes back to us from the depths of one of these scenarios:
1. It's just been burried under someones bed somewhere
2. The sock angels have been careful knitting the perfect match
3. The dryer trolls get sick of them and cough them back up
4. We move the couches to vaccum (once in a while) and viola like magic it appears
Well I am happy to report that I gave in and threw some of these away this morning. I think some of them have been in this very basket for the almost 7 years we have lived here and none of the 4 scenarios have ever came true. So take that socks, you have met your day!
Of course part of me is saying that now that I have done that, one of them is going to show up and almost making me regret it. But I am going to try to shut that part up....perhaps with some chocolate.

1 comment:

Mindy said...

I'm impressed with your basket. Mine is overflowing. I've been dealing with the same lone socks for years, but I just can't throw them away. You never know when the match might turn up. I do have to say though, I'm proud of the way you're facing reality. The odds of the mates turing up at my house are probably smaller than those that I will win the lottery!